Full Specification ( Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Test Rig ):
The test rig provides the study of a diesel engine performance. The rig comprises of a four stroke diesel engine coupled to a rope brake dynamometer / hydraulic dynamometer / electrical dynamometer. In rope brake dynamometer a water-cooled brake drum along with spring ba1ances, comprises rope brake. For hydraulic dynamometer a suitable c8pacity hydraulic dynamometer is provided. For Electrical dynamometer water rheostat/load bank is used as loading arrangement. With the help of various measurements provided the test ring can determine BHP, JHP mechanical and thermal efficiencies, air fuel ratio, specific, fuel consumption and heat balance sheet at various loads.
1) Engine: "Comet" make or "Kirosker" make four stroke, single cylinder, Water cooled, constant speed, vertical diesel engine, developing 5 BHP at 1500 rpm.
2) Dynamometer Rope brake: Rope wound around water-cooled brake drum and spring balance.
Electrical: Suitable capacity Generator and water rheostat/load bank with load measurement.
Hydraulic Dynamometer can be also supplied instead of rope and Electrical Dynamometer.
3) Air intake measurement arrangement.
4) Fuel intake measurement arrangement.
5) Multichannel Digital Temperature Indicator.
6) Water circulated exhaust gas calorimeter.
The whole unit is mounted on a sturdy frame. A technical manual accompanies the unit.
Water supply about 10 lit/min.
230 V, 5A. AC, supply with earthing connection.
A hand tachometer.
Floor grace - 3m X 2m X 2 In height.
(A) With Rope Brake Dynamometer
(B) With Electrical Dynamometer
(C) With Hydraulic Dynamometer